Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's November! Get out your lip chap!

As soon as October hit I started noticing my lips chapping. I'm in california so it's not like it's cold.. I blame it on the temperature changes (we've been going up and down) and it's been windy. Well the other day a friend asked me how to get rid of her chapped lips and it motivated this post. There are a few things I do to remedy the situation. I choose between them based on the amount of time I have and the tools I have on hand.

I always start with a lip balm layered on thick. Let it sit while you ready your (few) supplies. Chose one of the following:

Toothbrush - Buy a soft bristled toothbrush to keep on hand. Wipe off your lip balm after 5 min or so. Wet the tooth brunch and use it to gently scrub your lips. Make small circles across both lips, twice. Check it out! soft and naturally flushed lips.


Washcloth - Dampen washcloth. Scrub gently in small circles across both lips. You'll end up as good as new!


Homemade Brown Sugar Scrub - Mix the following together in a resealable container and use it anywhere you need to exfoliate. It will leave your skin feeling amazingly soft.
1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or substitute your oil of choice)
1 tablespoon honey



One of the best times to exfoliate is after a shower. Put the lip balm on before you get in and do a lip scrub once you're out.
Remember to never scrub roughly! You could tear new skin which is going to lead to more chapping.

Happy scrubbing!


1 comment:

  1. thanks for the tips! is this a similiar scrub one could use on her extremely dry hands? :) great blog!

    ReplyDelete